Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Way It Is

They cut down all of the large trees -- some of them a hundred years old or more -- along Ewell. Why? Some mischief of Saraman's, no doubt.

Fuck you: a term of extreme disdain, based on a cavalier attitude toward sex.

What is written in the stars frequently perplexes the planets.

The fruit on the vine is poisonous. A midnight snack of nightshade. A delicacy to turn the body cold. A tasty end to worry and pain.

I stand in front of the mirror and look at my reflection. This is me. I see myself, but no one else does.

It's all written in code. A cipher understood by one and only one. The story of my life.

The days grow shorter and emptier. A glass drunk to the dregs. Barely enough wine left to wet a pair of parched lips.

Stupidity this fine must have been nurtured from an early age. I blame his mother.

Free will is a problematic concept at best.

I have nothing to offer but an unreasonable facsimile of hope.

In North America, it's Santa Claus and his caribou.

History changes, the past remains the same.

I have no active belief in God. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I have been offered none. Thus, the existence or non-existence of a deity has no effect on how I live my life.

This is not the way it was supposed to be, this is not the way I wanted it to be, this is only the way it is.

In the democracy of the damned every wicked soul has his say.

My objective soul abuses my subjective heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment